As members of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, as well as, the National Health Underwriters we adhere to the following “Code of Ethics”.
National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
Code of Ethics
Helping my clients protect their assets and establish financial security, independence and economic freedom for themselves and those they care about is a noble endeavor and deserves my promise to support high standards of integrity, trust and professionalism throughout my career as an insurance and financial professional. With these principles as a foundation, I freely accept the following obligations:
- To help maintain my clients’ confidences and protect their right to privacy.
- To work diligently to satisfy the needs of my clients.
- To present, accurately and honestly, all facts essential to my clients’ financial decisions.
- To render timely and proper service to my clients and ultimately their beneficiaries.
- To continually enhance professionalism by developing my skills and increasing my knowledge through education.
- To obey the letter and spirit of all laws and regulations which govern my profession.
- To conduct all business dealings in a manner which would reflect favorably on NAIFA and my profession.
- To cooperate with others whose services best promote the interests of my clients.
- To protect the financial interests of my clients, their financial products and my profession, through political advocacy.
National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and distribution of health, financial and retirement security products and services as a professional and a public trust and to do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients' trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To give all service possible when service is needed.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale of health, financial and retirement security products and services as a career, to know and abide by the insurance laws of my state, and to seek to constantly increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair and just to my competitors and to engage in no practices that may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications that reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To be loyal to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.